Wednesday 28 May 2014

"There was a star danced, and under that was I born.” - William Shakespeare (Much Ado About Nothing)

34 pages, 155 references, and a few buckets of tears later...

THE LITERATURE REVIEW WAS DEFEATED.


Oh, happy day! 

Kit celebrated by catching a cold. Blurgh.

Kit is rather pathetic when she's sick. She goes from confident, intelligent, independent woman to sobbing ball of self-pity with the first snivel, and everyone has to deal with it. Especially poor old Face. He's been kept busy with her constant, ungracious and flu-induced demand for hot beverages. Which is kinda pointless anyway, since Kit can't actually taste the delicious hot chocolate she guilts Face into making. 

But the delightful sensation of warmth does make her feel better!

Apart from the death-cold, Kit has spent the past few days wandering aimlessly around the house wondering what to do now that the literature review has been completed. Luckily, she met with her supervisors today, who informed her that, actually, she has a lot to do, and should therefore stop the aimless wandering.

So now Kit is planning her project and Getting Things Started! 

As the past three months have been spent primarily on stress-related research (gawd, that gif is distracting), Kit needs to refresh her memory as to what her actual project is all about, and start considering what questions she's asking, what data she'll need to answer those questions, and how to go about getting that data.

All this responsibility and considerations are new and scary. Not to mention confusing. Good thing she has super supervisors to guide her. 

As for Master Face, it's same-old, same-old. The jobs, they just don't seem to be here! He's applying for anything he can find, because there just aren't any science-related positions around. Oh well. He seems pretty happy being a domestic boyfriend. Added bonus: he does the dishes everyday, which relieves Kit from the duty. Hurrah! Doing the dishes is the worst of jobs.

So all is good in the house of Kitcat and Face!

Kit has also been finishing off various crochet projects (whoooo! Geometric pillow! Whooooooooo!), but still needs to do some final alterations before showing them off. Which may take a while, because she doesn't know how to finish them off and may have to wait until her mummy comes visiting in June (YAY!).

That's about it, bloggers! 

Much love. xx

P.S. Random story. Once upon a time, Kit and Face were walking home from a night out with friends, when they were startled by a possum hanging out at the side of the road. Face said "Oh, a squirrel!" and Kit lol'd at him forever more. 




Silly Face! Do you even biology? 

2 comments:

  1. Aaaaahahaha this is awesome for so many reasons. Face- do you even biology? But I sympathise with his lack of eyesight, so I'll give him a tiny bit of leniency there. CONGRATULATIONS on finishing the lit review! I got the mark back for my (much smaller) one during the week - but first, I had a dream that I got it back and I got 5/25! And woke up in a panic! But when I DID get it back I had 24/25! So you will be equally as fine! And I also got sick as soon as I finished with a death cold and am also driving Steve nuts with my death cold. He says 'you know other people out there have actual illnesses' and also, 'you know the pork chop that every talks about, you're carrying on like it'. But he says it in a joking way, not like a total jerk. But it's because we go and go and go and then our bodies goes 'phew, that's done - time to get sick and re-coup!'. But mine also might have been due to the car being written off in the same week, sending my stress-ness into overdrive. and Face - a job will come up eventually, I promise! Things always come up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Does Steve even maths? I didn't even realise that was a thing until I saw your post! One of the guys in honours always asks me if I even zoology, so I just thought it was a witty, original, hilarious saying of his, which I then decided to plagiarise! Face has since filled me in. 24/25! 96%! THAT'S AWESOME! Congratulations!! Oooh, I hope I do that well on mine! I sympathise with you over your death-cold. Mine is slowly getting better, but it's taken ages to go away. My body must've been really worn down (I could tell you all about how stress suppresses secondary functions - including the immune system - cause I am knowledge after that lit review. But I won't, cause I don't want to think about it any more). But what is this about your car being written off?! That's a whole heap of not fun!

      Delete