Tuesday 4 November 2014

“I have no special talents. I am only passionately curious.” - Albert Einstein

WE DID IT!!


Well done, us!

The thesis was due in at 9 am yesterday. We celebrated with bubbly at 10 am (because 9 am is far too early for bubbly), breakfast at 11 am, and naps at 12 pm.

I fell asleep at 6 pm last night, and have only just gotten up (it's 3:13 pm). Thesis-ing ruins your sleep patterns. 

I'm not really sure what to do now. The past 9 months of my life have been consistent research. I keep glancing over my shoulder at the huge pile of text books and journal articles piled on the floor. I feel a bit guilty for writing this rather than reading them. 

I don't think the freedom has quite hit me yet. 

Face will be starting his PhD in 3 weeks! That's two weeks notice at Sush, and a weeks holiday for Face. Then he must master the genetics of eucalypts! He's pretty pleased with himself. Research is far superior to working for an honest living. Honest livings mean you have sore and cracked hands from having them in dirty dishwater all day. This way only his brain will be sore and cracked.

At the moment it looks like I'll be at uni with him, but working rather than student-ing! My head supervisor has offered me a position as a field researcher over the summer. I'll be chasing brumbies all around the Victorian high country and gathering data on the herds. It's a test run to see if I'd like to do a PhD on the subject. I think yes

Very exciting things happening in the life of Kitkat and Face!

Much love. xx 





No comments:

Post a Comment